水曜日, 2月 14, 2007

English Poetry on Vday

So, for my 1st graders today, I thought it might be fun/creative
for them to write some poetry on Valentine's Day. Of course it
could be about whatever they wanted, but in the same pattern.
Here's a few of my favorites:
I love the part about 7-11. Makin' it real!
This boy worked hard for it. I have to say...I'm impressed.
He wants to be a "Carpenter" when half my students have
no idea was a "teacher" is.
Okay....he copied this from the book, but at least he used the darn thing!
And drew a picture!
Niiiice! I love he added Mosera (aka Mothera - Godzillas rival)

hehehe Just one of the many odd ones.
I'm not really sure why "eatting" is one of the words!?!
I also love the random use of "Sun" at the end, what!?!
All his hard work into something he doesn't like.
And...
the strangest one of all.
I'm not sure where he found these words!?!
He's a 1st grader of ALL things - kinda scary!!!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
Stay away from deep, dark holes.

1 件のコメント:

Satyne さんのコメント...

I like that last one! The kid has the dark soul of a true poet! It was all deep and tragic... slightly twisted! If he works on it a bit, it could be a masterpiece!

Also the mystery of post box = sun... it's all in the colour! Box and sun = red! Ergo (I love that word) the connection!

Not sure about eating! Although I DO know there are a couple of Post Boxes at conbenies! Could be why he connects it with eating as well!

Nice activity, by the way!!