火曜日, 3月 27, 2007

Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium

Did you know that Okinawa's Churaumi Aquarium is the 2nd largest aquarium in the world??? (1st would be Georgia's aquarium) I thought the aquarium in Osaka was big with its one whale shark, but Okinawa has 3 sharks, many giant sting rays, and tons of other fish all in one gigantic tank. Cool!
I think we spent as much time on the aquarium grounds (Expo Park) than we did looking at all the tanks. Expo park is huge and all the plants/flowers are related to sea creatures.





Even though the day we went was cloudy and very windy, we braved the foul weather to watch the dolphin show outside. Sure, it can't be compared to a performance at SeaWorld, but it's still funny and entertaining!




MY FAVORITE!!!
I have no idea what exactly these worm creatures are, but they fascinated me!!!
They gave me a bit of the willies though, b/c they:
First, kind of reminded me of Beatlejuice and
Second, kind of reminded me of those darn kite blowy things that wig me out
But these things were just DARN weird and I loved it!!!



0 件のコメント: