金曜日, 10月 13, 2006

Whale or Horse?

What would you eat???

After an odd long debate with Natasha over what actually goes into school lunches, I came up with the question:
If it came down to it.....would you eat whale or horse?

I found something to prove why I would pick the larger of the two.

Cleveland Scene featured an article on the horse meat export market.

"Each year, roughly 60,000 horses are slaughtered for meat. Nearly all of it is sold overseas, to countries like France, Belgium, Italy, and Japan, where horse is a delicacy. With mad-cow disease posing a serious threat, horse meat is a welcome low-fat, high-protein substitute for beef. Its flavor is a cross between beef and venison, slightly sweeter in taste, and surprisingly tender. And the U.S. is the world's largest provider. Though Americans will readily eat cows, pigs, chickens, and fish, there's something unseemly about eating animals largely considered pets."

oh and something else racking my brain-
I have eaten McDs twice in the last few weeks and since McDonald's has rolled out its worldwide slogan,"I'm Lovin' It!" which is a good slogan and all, but is it good for a Japanese marketplace? Wouldn't it come out "I'm Rubbin' It!"
Our is that just me?

1 件のコメント:

Satyne さんのコメント...

Now like I told you before, Johanna, a lot of whales are endangered. They're big, beautiful, majestic creatures, with intelligence and a definite sense of community. That definitely puts me on the "bring on the horse" side of the fence (yuck... not that I actually would, but if it came down to it and my life was on the line - God forbid! I'd say, "kill the horse, save the whale").

So that's:

horse - 1 vote
whale - 1 vote

Any other takers?