水曜日, 6月 13, 2007

Every Tuesday. Every freakin' Tuesday.


I cannot -repeat- CANNOT stand my 3rd years at my base school. They are the most lazy, non-creative, careless students I have ever had the chance to teach. I'm usually a very lenient and easy-going teacher, but these kids literally get on my last nurve and I just can't deal with them! I admit, I have some 3rd grade classes where 2 to 4 students won't work and sleep at their desks the whole period (which I still don't like about Japan, but can accept at times) but at my base school, AT LEAST 3/4 of the 3rd years blatantly refuse to work. They'll sit there and stare at the wall rather then think. They'll hand in empty worksheets not caring about the grades. They'll only write one sentence over and over -"I play soccer."- when they're suppose to be writing about where they live. I hate to say it, but these kids are either brainless or just plain indolent. I've tried playing games and I've tried having them draw English mangas - anything to get them out of the usual English book routine into trying something new and fun, but they...just...don't...care. So, guess what kids??? I don't have to care about your class anymore either. It's only repeating vocabulary words over and over again and long writing worksheets for you from now on. Which is what...4-5 more weeks? Hallelujah!!!! It's a pure blessing I'm leaving Japan because I couldn't teach these kids for another week let alone a year without pulling my hair out!!! Thus, ends my ranting. Thank you!

0 件のコメント: