月曜日, 1月 16, 2006

Snowboarding!!!



























This past Sunday - Sarah, Ros, Grace, Joel, and I - left EARLY (wanting to leave around 6:15 but really leaving around 7am) Sanjo and drove 1 hour and 1/2 to Ikenotaria (http://www.ikenotaira.net/) near Joetsu - South Niigata ken. We bought a season pass there and decided since this is the only free weekend we all have left in January open that we should hit the slops and dare snowboarding. It was a first time for everyone except Sarah. So we signed up for a 2 hour class, rented the gear (snowboard, boots, and goggles) and slowly adapted to the cold. The class was okay, some of us got the tricks easily and some of us didn't...but in the end it all worked out. Joel's now a pro snowboarded, Ros can zoom down as well. Grace and I took our time and gained confidence and skill with every time we went down the slope. I took a lot of nasty but fun falls. I can't slow down, so when i start...I start fast and hit the ground fast as well. Lots of face first dives into the ice and spitting it back out for me, but it's all part of the snowboarding experience. A day later though, I'm feeling the pain. I'm sore all over and can barely put my purse over my shoulder or dress myself for that matter. Anyways, can't wait to go again soon! :)

0 件のコメント: