土曜日, 8月 26, 2006

西川まつり

The Nishikawa-tans were in full Matsuri (Festival) mode yesterday as well as tonight. Surprise Surprise - I found out I live like TWO BLOCKS away from "Main Street" Nishikawa, so I got full view of what all my town Matsuri had to offer! Yesterday was the Odori (dancing) event, so people of all ages lined up in the streets to dance the night away. It was quite cute since all the kids decked out in their club outfits (wearing baseball or karate uniforms) and the local businesses sponsered strangely unique floats.
Tonight was some Taiko drumming and fireworks.
My favorite part is they got this odd (probably local boys) hard rock band (seriously...we're talking on par to Limp Biscuit or something with all the screaming and guitar sounds going on) playing as the fireworks are going off. So, I couldn't help but laugh as they blare/scream away on thier mics/guitars as the elderly/children sit quietly on thier patios and sidewalk curbs to watch the hanabi - classic!

I LOVE THIS LIL' TOWN!!!





Why there was a giant Mickey...your guess is as good as mine!?!

0 件のコメント: