金曜日, 8月 18, 2006

Mom, Dad, and Yahiko Matsuri

My parents arrived in Japan the last week of July. They were here for only one week, but they were a big help in helping me move apartments. I felt bad since I really couldn't show them too much of Japan, but they really seemed to enjoy what they did see - esp. the Yahiko festival!


The last time I saw my parents in Japan. They were seeing my off to Fuji Rock at Niigata Station.
My Mom - Faith.
My Dad - Ron.
This absolutely spectacular lantern procession dates back to one thousand years ago. Big and small lanterns are paraded into town on people's shoulders. The paraded lanterns create an image of a one kilometer long flame. At the climax of the parade, the lanterns are fiercely crashed together. This is one of the top 3 lantern festivals in Japan!
My Mom, Dad, and I went with Paul, Phil, Step, and Grace to the festival. Exciting stuff!!!
















0 件のコメント: