水曜日, 5月 17, 2006

Toji - Eastern Temple







The pagoda of Toji stands 57 m high, and is the tallest wooden tower in Japan. It dates from the Edo period, when it was rebuilt by order of the third Tokugawa Shogun, Iemitsu.
Recognizing the historical and spiritual significance of Toji, UNESCO designated it, along with several other treasures in Kyoto Prefecture, a World Heritage Site. Today it is an oasis of calm in central Kyoto.

Here's part of out jumping series from Golden Week. Ya-know - you get a little bored taking the same'o same'o all the time and want to have a little fun. I was joyed to see the China group did some jumping shots as well - check out Ros's blog: http://spaces.msn.com/kamoshi/PersonalSpace.aspx

NICE GUYS!!! :)

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

boy do u have a lot of catching up blogging to do...come on, where are all the drunken pics?? better get started before our coming up roadtrip :)

xxx g.

Johanna さんのコメント...

I'm trying to be modest! :)

I just had to teach a 3rd grade JHS class ALL BY MYSLEF. I swear, my voice is so tired over talking loudly over the other students talking in class. Jeez!!!

I'll get into blog update over load SOON!!! :)