火曜日, 11月 01, 2005

Grocery Treat of the Week



















(Top) It's a famous fruit here in Japan called KAKI (if you were to translate it into English, it's be a Persimmon....yeah, I'm not sure what that is either) So - KAKI (kaa-key) it is! It looks like a mixture between a orange and tomato, but you peel it like an apple and the inside looks just like an apple as well (just a little orange
y). It also has no seeds and is kind of sweet. It's not bad, just very interesting since it's SO famous here (you see it everywhere at the grocery stores) and I've never seen/heard/tasted it until today! :) P.s...Ignore my fingernails....i still have one my Halloween Stickers.

(Middle) Lemon Water - my new favorite drink from the Conbini (what we call the MANY convenience stores here). It's just water with a little Lemon, quite tasty! Plus, it's sort of in English...YEAH!

(Last) I think one of the most PRIZED items here in Japan for Gaijins (Aliens to Japan - like me) is CHEESE, eps. this one with CHEDDAR! OMG....cheese is SO impossible to find here(ESP. CHEDDAR), so when they started selling this at the local Shimzu (my grocery store) I buy them out!!! :) There tiny, only about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide and very slim and they cost about 130YEN per package, but I LOVE IT. It's so good!!! When my friends from the country come to the city on the wknds to visit...they freak when they see it and buy tons before going back home. Lucky me living in the city!

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Johanna--my parents have a persimmon tree in their backyard--how crazy!

匿名 さんのコメント...

by the way, it's shaady...