火曜日, 1月 16, 2007

One night in Bangkok

Well, actually it was like 4 nights...but who's counting'???
Any-who - I'm gonna display these pics along with the classic 80's Murray Head song....just to get you in the whole Thailand mood. Sing along with it - I know you wanna.
Bangkok, Oriental setting
And the city don't know what the city is getting
The creme de la creme of the chess world in a
Show with everything but Yul Brynner
Time flies -- doesn't seem a minute
Since the Tirolean spa had the chess boys in it
All change -- don't you know that when you
Play at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's Iceland -- or the Philippines -- or Hastings -- or --or this place!
One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the god's a she
I can feel an angel sliding up to me
One town's very like another
When your head's down over your pieces, It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity
To be looking at the board, not looking at the city
Whaddya mean?
Ya seen one crowded, polluted, stinking town --
Tea, girls, warm, sweet
Some are set up in the Somerset Maugham suite
Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist
Whose every move's among the purest
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.

Ohh- Man. This city has ruined the ways I'll see bananas, opening pressurized bottles, and razor blades every again. Don't ask!

4 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

I LOVE the eggs!!! Way to foreshadow! Lmao... I just put up my own Bangkok post (I figured some pics would look good on my blog and knowing SOME of these people, they won't bother looking at my album)... I named the post "Bangkok BC"... you can guess what the BC stands for of course! We have a few of the same pics up!! Aah wot the hell... my family doesn't check out your blog and vice versa!!

匿名 さんのコメント...

PS. That damned song is stuck in my head now, thanks!!

Johanna さんのコメント...

Bangkok BC = Booty Call? Wha???

Also...Hun...those aren't eggs. Though that would be a funny way to forshadowing.

:)

匿名 さんのコメント...

They're NOT eggs?! What the EFF are they then?! I thought you were foreshadowing the chickens... like before they hatched or something! I thought it was really clever!! My bc is "before chickens" you female reprobate! Who got any booty calls in Bangkok anyway?!

Bleh