火曜日, 3月 28, 2006

Supplies, Flips-flops, and Sun Screen

Upon arriving in Lae we headed over to the VDC (Village Development Center) to change out of our sweaty jeans and jackets and put on the loveliness that is Thai-pants and flip-flops (I miss it already!)
Here are some of the adorable kids that met us at the Center.
Shanna putting on her sun screen AND bug spray (that's one thing I don't miss doing)
This is downtown Lae. We went to the local Chemist to get more sunscreen and bug spray before heading out in the wilds of PNG! The store actually had more products than you can find in Japan, we stayed longer than planned!!!

MARCH 19th, 2006

3 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Wow Jo, it all looks so amazing and Id say you haven't shown me half of the wonder!
Can't wait for you all to be back and hear all the stories.
Cheers for the honey reminder!
Spring was waiting for you whhen you returned Jo! its been lovely these past few days.
but BEWARE! im told that snow could fall again at any moment! scary schizo weather.
how are ya feeling?are you completely beat?

Johanna さんのコメント...

Feeling Good and Tanned! With my new blonde hair and now my tanned skin, the students are gonna freak when schools starts again next week! Yayy!! (That's IF my tan stays long enough, ususally I burn and go white the next day...so we'll c) Just sucks knowing I'm gonna have to remember taking the maralia pills daily for another month now *ugh*, but at least I don't have to wear tights to school anymore and have scary white legs - so it all balances out! hehe

Nooooo......don't mention snow! I won't hear of it!!! :-P Spring is here to say - I know it!!!

Satyne さんのコメント...

Yeah Johanna... it all looks awesome!! Thanks for the beautiful beads, the choccie and for posting the "warm n fuzzy" card!!

Like Pamela sez, I can't wait to see ya all again and hear the stories!!

Hugs

Natasha